Sunday, September 22, 2013

Grandma's Stories - The beggar who demanded more

My grandma and my grandpa were walking along the street. They had just went to the nearby market to buy some groceries and to have their breakfast at their favourite coffee shop.

My grandpa saw a disheveled beggar at the side of the street, asking passersby for money. He looked really pitiful.

My grandpa, being the kind-hearted gentleman he is, walked straight to the beggar and gave him RM 5. It should be enough for the beggar to get a good meal in his stomach plus a drink of his choice to wash it down with several cents extra.

However, the beggar, instead of thanking my grandpa, had burst into anger and yelled at my grandpa, 'Why the hell do you give me only RM 5? You are such a miser!'

Considering that no one else had given that beggar any money the entire time he was begging by that street, my grandpa was shocked at the beggar's reaction.

My grandma quickly pulled my grandpa away from the beggar and told my grandpa to walk away. 

'It is these kind of ungrateful people that do not deserve other people's help.' She said.

They saw the same beggar over the following few months, but after some time, the beggar vanished and never came back.

No comments:

Post a Comment